Saturday 30 July 2011

Cutting the Clutter...

OK, it's time to stand up & admit it...

My name is Terri & I'm a slob as far as housework is concerned...  I don't want to be - I'd love for my house to be neat, tidy & organised but it's not....
Maybe I'm a perfectionist (therefore if I haven't got time to do a perfect job, I won't bother at all), maybe I'm just lazy, maybe my inner teenager is STILL rebelling against the idea of tidying up, maybe it's a little of all 3...  Either way, my house is an absolute tip....  And unfortunately my boys are copying the idea.... (which doesn't help!)

But I've decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - it's time to do something about it...

I've devised a babystep-by-babystep program for myself to start getting some routines/habits down as far as changing my slovenly ways is concerned.  I'm going to add a new step every 21 days (it may be a little longer - there may well be (ok, there will definitely be) times when I need to just stop, take stock & stay where I am for a little as I get overwhelmed...  Hopefully there won't be too many of those times.

Anyhoo - first step for me is to declutter/tidy for 10 minutes a day & to make sure the dishes get done every night before bed...  I usually fall down at this stage.  I don't know what it is about dishes, but I can't get it into my head that yes, they do need to be done (although admittedly, it was a lot easier when we had a dishwasher...)

6 days into my new regime & I've actually only missed one day (yay me!)  I'm so hoping I can stick to it this time round...

I'm taking pics as well, so I'll share those when I've figured out how!!  I started the decluttering (tidying) in the kitchen (I figure that part of the whole dishes problem is that the kitchen never seems to be tidy...)  I made the mistake of not taking "before" pics till today mind, but as there is currently no cooker & it needs decorating, (plus I've only surface decluttered - the cupboards are awful) then we should still see a difference....

Anyhoo - that's me signing out for today.. I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment